Thursday, March 12, 2015

Metallica and Dying Weeds

Late last Saturday night, as I was sitting in the Minnesota State University Moorhead planetarium watching a laser show coordinated to Metallica music, I realized something. I had completely forgotten to write three blog posts for last week.

Because of this, it is my goal to finish six blog posts by the end of this week. (Not because I think I'll get my points back) but because I agreed to write three blog posts a week for my Business and Professional Writing class.

To start off this week's set of posts, I want to share some beautiful videos.

The Ohio State University Department of Weed Science released a set of time-lapse videos showing the effect different modes of action on weeds they are effective on. The fourteen videos can be found here.

Weeds dying? That's a wonderful site.

Besides aesthetic pleasure, these videos are useful for farmers to see and understand how different herbicides make plants look after the initial application. They also provide a great visual for farmers to understand how long an herbicide might take to have a visual affect on the plant. 
My favorite part of the videos? Moving the time slider back and forth to show the plant go from dying to living and back again.


Check them out. The videos are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment