Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Illinois

In two weeks and a day I will be loading half of my belongings into a car and driving deep into the Midwest for my summer internship. The final destination? Champagin, Illinois.

*Champaign-Urbana - From Apple Maps

During the summer months I will be completing a Technical Crop Production Internship with BASF based out of a research farm location in Seymour, Illinois, just outside of Champaign-Urbana.

It would be a ridiculous understatement to say that I am excited.

It's been a goal of mine for a while to complete an internship somewhere far (relatively) away from North Dakota to experience a different type of agriculture, crop production, and area. After spending summers working in South Dakota and Minnesota, I am finally going to achieve that goal.

To better acquaint myself with the area and prep for some adventures, I am going to post about Illinois and its economy, agriculture, landscape, and people. I hope to keep up with the blog throughout the summer to document the area I'm working with and any road trips.

My date to leave for Illinois is fast approaching! Time to learn more about one of the nation's leading corn producing states.

No comments:

Post a Comment